Wellness Program ViaZen Digestion
- Dietary Recommendations
- Lifestyle hygiene
- ViaZen Health Tips
Eating a clean and healthy diet is essential whenever you are trying to address digestive issues. A seamless digestive process ensures an optimal nutritional profile. Unfortunately, we do not necessarily digest all the foods that we eat. The following tips will help facilitate and optimize your digestive process.
- Stay hydrated by drinking at least 1.5 liters of water a day, between meals. Optimal water intake allows for better transport of water-soluble nutrients, as well as helps eliminate metabolic toxins.
- In addition, water is essential to a healthy digestive transit. It’s important to consume water that is room temperature as cold water can cause GI discomfort (stomach spasms) and hot water can aggravate irritations in the stomach’s mucosal lining.
- Integrate physical activity into your routine (a minimum of 3 one-hour sessions per week). Exercise facilitates digestive transit and enhances circulation, so nutrient delivery and use are optimized. Regular physical activity will also help you maintain a healthy weight, which will have a direct impact on the digestive process.
- Stress is a major disruptor of digestive functions. By incorporating a 15-minute relaxation period into your daily routine, you can significantly reduce your stress levels, which will naturally help facilitate the digestive process.
- Smoking weakens the gastrointestinal mucosa – indeed, smokers are far more prone to gastric and intestinal irritations. Stop smoking. Swap out cigarettes for cinnamon sticks or raw vegetables sticks (carrot, celery, turnip, parsnip, sweet potato (yam), which can help temper the urge to smoke when it arises.
- Avoid tight fitting clothes that can hinder intestinal movements associated with mechanical digestion and digestive transit. Making changes to one’s overall lifestyle hygiene and diet can take time and a little getting used to. An adjustment period is thus to be expected, so don’t put additional stress on yourself. Take the time you need to gradually get used to your new wellness program.
10 ViaZen Stress Health Tips
To integrate daily!
- Have your meals in a calm, stress-free environment, conducive to an efficient digestion
- Eat slowly and chew thoroughly (chew a minimum of 10 times before swallowing).
- Avoid consuming large quantities of fluids immediately before or during meals. Drink a maximum of one cup of liquid per meal.
- Take three complete meals every day at a set time and avoid skipping meals.
- Begin lunch and evening meals with crudités.
- Avoid finishing meals with sweet foods.
- Incorporate one hour of physical activity into your routine, 3 times weekly.
- Allow yourself a 15-minute daily relaxation period.
- Replace cigarettes with cinnamon sticks or crudité sticks.
- Take one ViaZen Digestion capsule with each meal.